TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have volume on TV but no pic. I've been through wiring and…

Customer Question
I have volume on...

I have volume on TV but no pic. I've been through wiring and Direct TV and i'm trying to locate "input" on a very small remote or on tv itself on wall

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

I believe yes but its on wall and connected to other equip also

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

Nope

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I have 2 tv's the other one works its just finding pic on this one to locate the "input" on the tv or remote I think. . . i've been through wiring and direct tb TV and your my last option HELP ME

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
12/29/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 6 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem.
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

i do not have a model # on side and its hanging on wallI'm connected to Direct TV and a router and the device that runs to speakers for vol

OK, do you get Directv channel sound but no picture on the screen, is this correct?

Does the TV screen lit up/ show any graphics?

to all above

OK - Have you tried to disconnect TV and Direct box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let Directv box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

i might need some time here

No problem, please take your time

i need to find "input" on this remote I'm going to call store to get model # and get back to you
there is nothing wrong with wiring and there will be if i unplug everything and put it back
is there contact info i can get back to you if necessary

I never said to unplug everything, just switch Off the AC Power going to these things.

What is the brand of your TV?

Is it Sony, Samsung, Panasonic etc