TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Cannot get HDMI2, we have a new (2 weeks) 40in Vizio tv, we…

Customer Question
Cannot get HDMI2, we...

Cannot get HDMI2, we have a new (2 weeks) 40in Vizio tv, we get cable fine and were getting HDMI2 fine, but it stopped working last night

Technician's Assistant: How old is your 40IN?

I bought it at Walmart 2 0r 3 weeks ago

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes the cable box option works fine

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 40IN? What happened right before this?

First noticed last night. Working fine before then. By the way, an iPad picks up Netlflix fine, using the same network

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Go ahead

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/28/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 7 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem.
- What video device/ source is hooked into HDMI-2 input of the TV?

An Arris modem and an Apple router
The feed to the modem comes fro my service provider, Morris Btoadband. Have talked to Morris, they had no answer.

- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

Ok , I’ll try that

Thanks

Tried your suggestion, no luck now cannot get cable either
Still there?

This is odd, have you selected HDMI-1 input in TV to get cable channel picture?

I have selected the cable box option
It says Not Authorized
Now what?

It seems cable box internal failure, however, let me repost this question for other experts to assist you further

Thanks

Ok
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Re my second tv, unplugging the Apple TV from power and replugging fixed the problem. Re the new Visio, the cable box is ok, inserting the Apple TV I had used in my old, small tv, allows me to get HDMI2, which was the original problem. This means though I am bypassing the Vizio internal capability to receive streaming, which was one of the features why i bought the Vizio.

Great to hear!

but I am concerned that I have to use my old Apple TV when that was supposed to be a built-in feature of the Vizio.

I am not sure what you mean

TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 7 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Problem is likely to be the tcon board this board drives the LCD display ,or its the display itself bad, what we do is swap out the tcon and if it cures then that is good if not we know panel is bad and that is not good,tcon can't be checked only replaced to eliminate,if you want to do this yourself let me know I will provide details ,cost of board around 80 dollars
Sorry this is not something easierLet me know please
Anthony
This issue is common with a set of this age
There will be delays whilst I sift info and type thanks

Do you need any more help with this please?