TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My master bedroom tv will not turn on unless I go trip the…

Customer Question
My master bedroom tv...

My master bedroom tv will not turn on unless I go trip the breaker switch. I would like to talk with some one as I think it is the Xfinity box

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Yes , but has been for 5 years

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Only that the tv works perfectly once I trip the breaker switch. And if I turn the tv off and try to turn it right back on, it wont come on, I have to go trip the breaker downstairs.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/28/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 7 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem.
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Phone call request seems early at this stage.

The cable box is an older model & I think we’re entitled & in need of a new cable box. I’m a doctor & I feel like we’re trying to diagnose & fix the problem over the phone. I think this issue deserves a visit from a technician.

OK, this is JustAnswer, an independent support website and not the manufacturer or cable service support site.

Please contact customer service of this website at following link/ number for any billing issue

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help
USA:(###) ###-####/p>

Thanks