TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Viera Connect TV by Panasonic is turning off a d then…

Customer Question
My Viera Connect TV...

My Viera Connect TV by Panasonic is turning off a d then back on by itself every half hour or so for 1 minute or so

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Viera?

Maybe 10 years old guessing

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Wi

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Viera? What happened right before this?

Working fine otherwise

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Thats it

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
12/28/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 3 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem.
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

It is Viera Panasonic Model TC-P60GT30
Purchased 5/21/11
connected to Comcast Cable Box and wifi

OK, lets try following step that might help to fix the issue

- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

disconnected cable box already but will disconnect power cord now
ok I disconnected both the cable box and power cord

OK, disconnect TV and cable box power cords please

Sounds good, give it 10 minutes, reconnect back in and reply back with the result

I just reconnected the cable box and outlet plug waiting for cable to reboot

Nice, lets see what happens

Did not work just shut off and turned on in one minute

Sorry to hear that, does it happen if connect a DVD player to the TV?

there is no DVD player attached.We have Comcast and the cable box is the main box and it is DVR

I understand, we need to verify the TV with any other video source at this point, can you try to connect a DVD player to the TV as a test as this will verify the TV.

i do not have a DVD player. I am playing a you tube video on the DVR part of my cable package and it is playing fine but the tv shuts off intermittently approx ever half hour or so

OK, when TV shuts Off, does it turn back On itself OR needs to push the power button to get it On?

turns on by itself within a minute

This is an odd problem, do you have any other video source/ device that we can try with the TV to make sure that it is internal problem of TV and the cable box isn't the cause of it?

I do not. My husband is out but may be able to continue this with you later or tomorrow. How can he continue this with you?

No problem, please bookmark/ save this chat page link to open it up anytime later to continue

Thanks

The cable box is what I am running the you tube video on via the cable box and it seems to be running ok
what are the hours we can reconnect

Same time by tomorrow

Are you still there tonight my Husband will be home around 8:45

What is the current time on your side?

7:50 pm EST

Sure, I'm online for next couple of hours

great he will reach out to you in an hour ot so

Sounds good, please message me in this text chat to continue

will do. Also DVR you tube did just shut off and turn on.Maybe he can change out the box to test to see if it is the tv or the cable box

Yes, thats what I want to do as we are dealing with at least two things at the same time here and need to figure out which one is faulty.

In my opinion, TV would be fine and seems cable box issue causing it.

hope so talk soon thank-you

Thanks

Hi Shahid, this is John, Sharon's husband. It's a bit difficult to say right now but; my instincts are telling me it's the cable box and I want a day or so to explore that. I may try and circle back with this on Staurday if that's possible. Thanks

Hi John, please take your time and we can continue it by tomorrow

Thanks

Louie, Technician