TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The brightness is near zero on the screen and we lost the…

Customer Question
The brightness is near...

The brightness is near zero on the screen and we lost the remote an manual

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

Not sure where I'd find that ūüėĒ

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

Screen is literally pitch black

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

That's all I can think of

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
It is a sharp 18 inch flat screen TV that has almost zero visibility because the brightness is so dark and we do not have the manual nor remote because it's lost somewhere
12/28/2017
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 6 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "...Screen is literally pitch black..."

Ok

Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...sharp 18 inch flat screen TV..."

I'm not sure what model it is

The model number would normally be printed on a label, name plate or sticker at the back of the TV.

For Sharp, it would be something like LC19SB???.

LC32L61U

Unfortunately, "LC32L61U" is reported back as a non-valid Sharp product.

Non valid?

There is no Sharp TV with 'LC32L61U' as the model number.

LC-32LB261U
If there's no TV with that model number, does that mean that the screen at this business obsolete?

Appreciate the additional information.

Have you tried the MENU button on the left side control panel of the TV?

But the screen is too dark to read anything

It may not be a setting/configuration issue.

Consider a test (if have not been done). Power on the TV and set to a program/channel. If at all possible, darken the room where the TV is. Wait for about 5 minutes or more. Shine a flashlight at an angle (not directly) and nearly but not touching the screen where the volume level / menu display is usually seen. Press the VOL UP/DOWN or MENU button and note if a dark/ghostly image of the volume level or menu could be seen. The above is a test to determine if it is a backlighting issue.

Perhaps the video HERE may shed insight. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUzCLgoSPGM

That's a message that I will have to relay to the closing manager, sorry had a flux of customers come through.
They will give it a try, Ty for your time sir ��

I understand and you're welcome.

Happy Holidays!