TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Insignia 32 inch set has a constant flashing of menus for…

Customer Question
Insignia 32 inch set...

Insignia 32 inch set has a constant flashing of menus for brightness contrast etc. Tried removing side switch board per other tech sites to no avail.

Technician's Assistant: What Insignia model do you have? How old is it?

Ns-32e321a13 not sure how old. 2012/

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I've been able to get it to go to the next item in the menu, but still constantly fluctuates and flashed to next item.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Insignia? What happened right before this?

Got it at a thrift store a few days ago. Hooked it up and it seemd to work fine. Left for about 30 minutes and came back to thi sproble.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't know anything else.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
12/28/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 month ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Unfortunately this indicates a fault in the Mainboard of the set- which is not uncommon. It generally requires repairs to fix this issue.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi: I just tried your suggestion to no avail. I guess I should look at it this way. I took a $3.50 chance. I'm not out much. Thanks for your help!
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 1 month ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, I think we've determined that set needs repairs. No sweat, I'm not out much. I saw a Guy on Craigslist who wants TVs, working or not. I'll just sell it to him. Thanks for getting back to me. Happy New Year! Tim
Harry, Customer Service