TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

How do I fix my Roku

Customer Question
how do I fix my Roku
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
12/28/2017
TV Technician: Joe, Technician replied 6 months ago
Joe
Joe, Technician

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to help you with your concern today.

What type of problem are you experiencing with the Roku unit?

Thanks,

Joe

are internet was out for a couple of days and the one in the family room is not connecting the one in the bed room is working

If you unplug the roku and unplug your router, plug your router back in and then once router is back up and working plug the roku back in, does it then work?

it said not conected

Is it providing an actual error code as well?

give me a call(###) ###-####

In many cases this is due to needing a firmware/software update and or needing to reset your router and clearing the network info from the roku and reentering it as well sometimes connecting to another network with a different login/password, since this is the express you dont have a direct ethernet connection which makes it a little harder.

Try to Disable Network Pings

In order to disable network pings, press the following buttons on your Roku remote (in order) to show the “Platform Secret Screen”.

Home button 5x, right, play, left, play, right.

Once you’re in, navigate up the menu and select: “Disable network pings”.

If that does not work then you will need to try connecting to another network to update the device. Run a software update. Once you’re connected, press the following buttons in order to unlock the “Secret Screen”: home x5, right x3, left x2.

Once you’re in, select the “Update Software” option and wait for the Roku to finish installing and then reboot. Disable network pings. After the software update, you’ll just need to repeat option 1 to disable network pings.

Bonuses are appreciated. If you feel you need to leave a 1-2 happy face, please instead reply back to me via the reply to expert button. The first two rating faces are negative feedback the next three after the first two are positive and only for those 3 do I get paid for my work. If for any reason you are not satisfied, please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. Please also note that while I try very hard to correct the problem online for you, however not all problems can be fixed in this way. The deposit you placed when you opened the question is only a deposit and does not pay for my services until you click accept or one of the smile faces then I get paid for helping you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason, please reply back and let me know.
Thanks for using justanswer and have a great day!