TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Sony Blu Ray DVD player. It is a couple of years…

Customer Question
I have a Sony...

I have a Sony Blu Ray DVD player. It is a couple of years old but It was just opened this fall and I have never had the chance to set it up. When I first set it up I couldn't get the TV to recognize the player. I reread the instructions and everything is fine now except that the drawer for the dvd won't open. I was able to open it the first time I tried and put a dvd in the player. The dvd will play fine but when I try to press the open drawer/eject button both on the remote or on the player itself I keep getting the message (Eject) Key not available. I read one bit of advice in the online manual but nothing works. HELP!!!

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

Yes, it shows everything and I can play the dvd. I just can't get it to eject.

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

It is plugged into an outlet, the hdmi cable is connected to the TV.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of. You could tell them that it connects on my HBMI 2 input selection on the TV

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
12/28/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 6 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

What is the model of the player?
If you press and hold the eject button on the front for about 5 seconds, does it respond?

I don’t know how to find the model number I will try holding it for 5 sec
I don’t want to agree to pay anything if I am not sure this will help What a dcam

This is a paid support service, it is not free help.

You have already paid the full agreed upon fees to have this conversation. I can help you, but would need some basic information like the model number to do so. It is printed right on the player, usually starting with BDP

I only agreed to pay $5 until it was fixed now I am told that if I call you it will be a total of $31 that to me is a scam because you are not following your original agreement

The fee was never only 5, that was just to post your question. The total is the amount that was shown and agreed to on the payment page, that covers the chat here.

A phone call is a separate optional ad from the site, which you may ignore if not wanted.

Your site specifically states that this is a FULLY Refundable fee to ask your question and that if you are satisfied with the answer the cost is $31. Right now you can just forget it. I just want my money back and if your company has dared to charge me more than the agreed upon $5 at this point then that is fraud and I will report you company. Sorry about that but I don’t like being mislead!!!

We're all independent techs here, I have no control over or access to any site related matters. All of the terms are clearly displayed when posting your question including the billing process.

You may self manage any account matters from the help page.

Ok but your site still states fully refundable and remainder of fee charged Only if satisfied with the result I just want my money back