TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Hisense tv 50 inch, turned on and it's just cycling through…

Customer Question
Hisense tv 50 inch...

Hisense tv 50 inch, turned on and it's just cycling through color screens won't stop,

Technician's Assistant: How old is your 50?

Less than 1 year

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No, it's a 40H5B sorry. No response to remote

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/28/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The screen cycling through color test patterns generally indicates a premature failure of the Mainboard (and usually requires repairs).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.