TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The screen will not turn on. and when the power button is…

Customer Question
Hi. The screen will...

Hi. The screen will not turn on. and when the power button is pressed it flickers ones and that is it, the red light blinks 6 times.

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Not at this time its unpluged

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes it was disconnected for a while

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

What else is there?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
12/28/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What is the model number off the back of the TV?

It is a Panasonic TH-58PZ700U Date. May 2007. Serial No. NG71430104

Thank you. Does that light blink 6 times, 6 times- over and over?

Thanks for the reply. Offhand this points to a failure of the sustain/buffer boards.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Ok i will do that when i get home in a few hours i will reply back as soon as i get it done thank you.

Alright sounds good.