TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My remote will only change volume on tv not any channels.

Customer Question
My remote will only...

My remote will only change volume on tv not any channels

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

Red yellow white

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

It was working last night when I turned off tv

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
12/28/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 6 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem.
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?