TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have an insignia tv #NS-39L240A13, that has a problem

Customer Question
I have an insignia...

I have an insignia tv #NS-39L240A13, that has a problem receiving signal from sat box. Until I switched the auto button, I could not change to HDMI. The screen is green and narrow most recently, what may be the problem?,

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your #NS-39L240A13?

I am not home at this time, so I could not tell you at this time. It had worked fine until recently.

Technician's Assistant: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the TV Expert, I'll connect you shortly.

Yes, I need ideas to look for in solving this mystery.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I recently had Hughes internet co put a jack in the back of the tv for movies, but other than that, no one has touched the back of the TV since I got it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
12/28/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Please follow the steps below:
1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).
2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).
3) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged, then release the power button.
4) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

Let me know what happens once you try those steps.