TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We have a new 32 inch and have setup with Dstv works

Customer Question
We have a new...

We have a new 32 inch and have setup with Dstv works perfectly but have a light grey stripe with options for Samsung wide screen - this moves from one side to the other and we don’t know how to get rid of it

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Samsung TV?

No red yellow or white but a new Dstv decoder plugged in

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No just how to get rid of the stripe Or advert

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/28/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 7 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem.
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?

Did u get the photos
035BBFB4-9D17-4D83-85B2...jpeg035BBF...jpegC50D7EA1-0BFD-4EA7-A2FA...jpegC50D7E...jpegA23BED6B-90B9-4AE7-93A4...jpegA23BED...jpeg8A8FF4E9-1854-4B6D-865C...jpeg8A8FF4...jpeg
Are u there
Model no ua32j4003drxxa
Sent picture of the message on screen
Just let me know if u still there

Sorry for the delayed reply, I was away from computer

looking at photos

It seems TV has been set on Store Demo mode for some reason and it needs to set it to Home Use mode that will turn Off the banner on side of the screen.

Please press the Menu button on Samsung TV remote and go to Support Menu option and find Use Mode option, select it and set it to Home Use mode that will fix the issue.

Please reply back with the result

Thanks

Do you need any further assistance with this question?