TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I have it hooked up to…

Customer Question
I don't know what...

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I have it hooked up to the back of the TV to the transmitter and the speaker sitting on top of that please help lost

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

LG 8 years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I'm not real smart on technology I got to admit but the menu button does work where do that

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your LG? What happened right before this?

I just bought this device for Christmas for my husband have never had it hooked up before

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No I did hook it up to the audio input and output red and white cables you're supposed self-explanatory but apparently it's not sorry

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
12/28/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 month ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What device is it that you're referring to that's plugged into the TV please (brand and model number is *****)??

Also, what is the full model number off of the back of the LG?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Transmitter

BRAND and MODEL number- please. I have no idea what transmitter you're referring to as there are dozens of different transmitters....

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Model number 55 lk-520 UA

That is the TV- thank you. I need to know what this transmitter is. Please define what transmitter you are referring to with a BRAND NAME and a MODEL NUMBER for the transmitter.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Simolio brand name model number sm-621D

Thank you. That is for a wireless hearing device, and I'm assuming you tried using the RCA red and white jacks on the TV?

Okay, the TV's red and white RCA are for INPUT (they don't send sound out- only in). The TV uses a DIGITAL AUDIO output- and that is the only jack on this TV that is an audio out. To connect that to your transmitter you need a converter. Most all modern TV's use this optical/digital jack nowadays. I am pulling up a link to the converter you need now.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Now I have the red and white into the TV along with the optical and none of them seem to have any volume
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thanks

Okay please give me a minute.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have the optimal cable that came with the device
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There's a spot on the back of the TV for that so I hooked it up to that and to the device

The device doesn't show in the specs that it uses optical? Are you 100% sure what optical is?

That cable has a square end on it and a red light comes through when you plug it into the TV's digital audio out jack. That's what you have??

Please click the link below and tell me if this is the device you have:

https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Soundbox-Impaired-Assistance-Portable/dp/B077HXNX67

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
on the back of the transmitter it has DC 9 V and next to that is Optical and then audio in all three spaces have a chord for each one and there is another cord that is just a like an audio I suppose I'm not certain what this one is so a total of 4 Chords came with this
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The back of the speaker the device has DC 9V audio in audio out then it has the tone area where you can adjust the high medium on Lowell
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Low sorry are you able to help tonight
Aric, Technician