TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

In every case where I was asked to accept a term and or

Customer Question
condition I just had to...
In every case where I was asked to accept a term and or condition I just had to answer the center button to accept. I'm trying to accept the activity data terms and conditions, except is highlighted but the center button does nothing. For that matter no button can even change from except to decline so I am stuck
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
12/27/2017
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

still need help and prefer to talk if that's ok,(###) ###-####

Did you make sure that you scrolled all the way down to the bottom of the terms and conditions so that you "Read" it fully?

The full Ts&Cs box is in the viewable portion of the screen, with a couple inches below the box which would indicate that I am seeing the full box on my screen. There are only 11 buttons on my remote. The picture button which works and allows me to change the calibration mode, the mute button which works, volume + and - which work, power which works, channel up & down which do nothing including no scrolling, a sync button which does nothing, a pic in pc button that simply posts a message saying that it can't be changed, and the center button that looks like a right pointing carrot (like in math but I question my spelling) and that arrow is followed by two vertical lines and what I have been using as an enter key and it worked in every previous instance for accepting Ts & Cs. The bottom of the box had a decline button and a highlighted accept button and I can't even switch between the two. I backed out and went to regular satellite and then went back in but I get stuck at the same screen.
I just want to make sure that the tech is aware that I have answered the question he asked in his response, therefore I am still waiting for help. Just an fyi for your process, it is difficult to know where in the process we are and therefore it is not clear what the status is from your perspective.
I am confused as to your view of the status so this isn't a complaint but info that I am still waiting for help. I have responded to all questions that I am aware of.

Unfortunately, our site had an outage so I was not able to reply.

Have you tried powering off the TV and powering it back on again to see if you can select the option after the power off?

Everything was not only powered off but unplugged for several minutes. Even to the point of doing the same with my modem and my Dish TV box even though they should not have had any impact. I even changed the batteries in my remote but since the problem was one particular screen and that same function worked on other multiple screens, I knew that wasn't going to fix it but I had to do absolutely everything I could to eliminate things. Problem persists. Feel free to add any additional comments but I am going to bed and I will not see those comments until tomorrow.