TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My Pioneer Elite plasma tv has volume but no picture on the…

Customer Question
My Pioneer Elite plasma...

My Pioneer Elite plasma tv has volume but no picture on the tv. We cannot see anything. The screen is blank. Any idea on how to get the picture on? Thanks

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Pioneer TV?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No power outage but my kids were playing with their xbox on this tv.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
12/27/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 month ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What is the full model number off of the back of the Pioneer?

Also if you use the original Pioneer remote, can you get MENU to display? And does the "starting...." message appear on the screen when first powered up?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The tv is attached to the wall so I cannot find the model #. All I get is a black screen. When I press the buttons on the side of the tv the small HDMI info comes up in the corner of the screen.

Okay. You need to know what Input you normally watch TV on- any ideas? Is it HDMI? Is there any sort of home theater receiver in the mix here- or does your cable box connect directly to the TV?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
we normally watch on HDMI. I have the cable box and a Monster Power Home Theatre box and Integra Receiver too.

Okay you have a receiver, so that greatly complicates things.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
when my kids took the game out of the xbox that is when we lost the picture. Do you think I need to call in a tv technician?
Louie, Technician