TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have an Hitachi tv model # LE24H307. All of a sudden at…

Customer Question
I have an Hitachi...

I have an Hitachi tv model # LE24H307. All of a sudden at tne bottom of the tv screen what appears to be a Demo mode description of what the tv comes with. How do I remove these demo type icons from the screen?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your LE24H307?

Approx. 2 years

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes TV menu works

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your LE24H307? What happened right before this?

Approx 5 weeks. it started doing this after we had a security system installed in our house. this TV doubles as a monitor for the security system as well. We use DISH TV as our cable source.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: TV
12/27/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 5 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

This is a demo/retail mode, meant for use when the tv is on display in a store.

Please go into the hitachi setup menu and look there for the factory reset (restore defaults) option,

this will reset the tv and when it comes back up from the reset, it will prompt you through the initial setup again such as setting the language, date/time, channel scan (skip this if not using an antenna), and the location/use mode, where you'll choose Home mode (demo off) as opposed to store/retail demo mode.

Let me know if that works for you please.

Thank you,

there is no factory reset (restore defaults) option.

Look in the last section in the menu, it should say system or options, and then you should see a reset option from there.

I don't want to spend extra money to talk to someone!

I'm not asking you to.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

Go into the Hitachi menu,

then go all the way down to setup,

then go all the way down to RESET

i had the mute button engaged. When i pushed the reset button, the demo mode icons disappeared .It was good until i took the mute button off and then the Demo Mode icons reappeared!

Hello again, my apologies for the delay, the entire site was having some technical issues today and I was unable to correspond with you.

I still don't see it on my end, but I received a note from customer service that you had tried to reply with:

It sounds like the reset didn't actually complete. Please try that step again, making sure you are pressing ok/enter on the reset screen to engage the reset.

Sorry I did not get your response until today the 28th. After your sight went down and numerous attempts to get back with your site, I gave up. Nothing you suggested helped so I ended up purchasing a new TV. Hopefully your site will not bill me!

Did you see the other reply I sent?
I assure you the option is there, so long as you go through them step by step

Go into the Hitachi menu,

then go all the way down to setup,

then go all the way down to RESET

After it comes back up from the reset, you will see a Location screen, and set the EPOP item to OFF.

Never mind

I'm just the tech trying to help.

You paid the full fee to the site, so I wanted to make sure you had the complete instructions to resolve this, if you wish to complete the process.

I bought a new tv. Thanks for charging me even though you did nothing to fix the situation. I did try what you recommended, but nothing changed!
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 4 months ago

To be clear, you paid the site, not me.

We're all independent techs here, working on our own personal time in a good faith effort to help. I'm confident the steps I sent, if followed in that specific order, will resolve the issue for you.

I understand you bought a new tv, but if you want to try to go through these again it should help. If it still does not, then the tv itself actually has an internal hardware defect, which is very common on the low quality brands like hitachi, and I would have recommended replacing the tv at that point as well as anything beyond these settings would cost more to fix than to buy a new tv.

Nathan, Installer