TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I want to know how to connect my toshiba tv to the internet?

Customer Question
I want to know...

Technician's Assistant: What Toshiba model do you have? How old is it?

55G310U

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

My TV menu works but I switched internet carrier to century link on 12/18/17, and as of the 31st will no longer be with dish, so tv doesn't recognize my netflix since the internet change.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I want to know if it is possible to have the internet connected to my TV?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
12/27/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 6 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

The short answer is that you cannot, at least not on the tv itself.

This is an older (2011) model and just a standard basic tv. It is not a "smart" tv and has no ability to connect to the internet on its own. You had been accessing netflix as an app provided by your dish box.

The best way to get those features on your toshiba is to purchase and connect an external streaming device to it such as a roku or fire tv. This will give you access to netflix and hundreds of other apps/channels, with minimal cost compared to buying a new smart tv.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,