TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Vizio Model M65-C1. No power. No backlights. No indicator…

Customer Question
Vizio Model M65-C1. No power...
Vizio Model M65-C1. No power. No backlights. No indicator lights. Led light flashing on main board.
Fuse on power supply has continuity. I have multimeter, need assistance diagnosing power board or main
board issue?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
12/27/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 6 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

Thanks Sahid

Sorry about delayed reply, website went down

Please reply back when available to continue troubleshooting

I'm available Sahid

OK, please get ready with multimeter to check volts on power supply board

I am ready Sahid, I do get interuppted through out the day but have the tv back panel off and multimeter available.

OK, please find connector CN9101/02 on power board and check the 3.3V output at pin-1 and 2 of that connector with a multimeter while TV power cord is plugged in.

What reading appears on the meter?

Hello Sahid, with the harness plugged in the connector and the tv plugged in I started with the
pins from left to right. The first pin I'm getting 6v, second pin 2 volts, the rest of the pins
are all at around 6v. It has been a while since I have used the meter for this type of work.
If this does not sound correct I may need further detail on whrere exactly to place each of
my leads.

PLease set the meter to DC volts range, touch black lead to the metal frame of the back of the screen for ground and use red lead to measure the volts, please check the volts on yellow wires, what readings you get there?

OK, it appears the power supply board isn't providing correct volts to the mainboard.

Please disconnect the harness from power board that goes to the mainboard and again check volts on those pins to see if any change in reading appears?

Its zero volt reading, please make sure meter black lead is touching metal frame of the screen fro ground then get the reading while TV power cord is plugged into working power outlet.

If meter still shows same readings then replace the power supply board in TV.

Thanks