TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We have a Mitsubishi WD-65737 2009 when you turn it on it…

Customer Question
We have a Mitsubishi...

We have a Mitsubishi WD-65737 2009 when you turn it on it shows the welcome screen then its on a channel that has no picture only sound you can hear it the light flashes supper fast green and unit turns off

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Mitsubishi TV?

Both yes

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

It is on a surge protector nothing was indicated for power problem still green

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/27/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 3 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem.
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Since TV not working left DVD & roku as they where. Should I disconnect them?

Please do not disconnect anything on the TV, I was asking what other video sources are hooked to TV and are you able to get the picture on the TV of any of them?

No picture, cannot utilize anything TV won't stay on long enough to try and switch to DVD or roku. Cannot get guide to come up on screen even to see what channel it's on

OK, when TV shuts Off, do you get any solid or flashing indicator light on the TV?

the light flashes super fast the TV is on a music channel I can hear the music but then the TV turns off

OK - Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

I have unplugged and waited the 10 min. There is no cable box we have a antenna

OK, please replug TV power cord back in and reply back with the result

Same thing turns itself off

OK, last info request, when did you replace lamp last time on TV and how much the lamp cost?

About $200. and it was 1 1/2 years ago maybe 2 years
This has gone back and forth for 1 hour and I am really frustrated. Still not any better off

Thanks, ***** ***** two possibilities, either the TV firmware (internal software) needs to be upgraded or the lamp of the TV has reached on end of lifespan and needs to be replaced.

I would recommend to first update TV internal software that is easy, please go to following Mitsubishi link and download software upgrade file along with instrcution file to proceed...

https://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/support/documents/WD-65737

If software upgrade won't fix the issue then replace the lamp in TV to resolve the problem.

I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website.
Thank you.

How can software be updated if tv won't even turn on ?
how would I do this ?

Instruction file contains delated info for that, it needs a USB memory stick to copy the upgrade file onto with computer then plug the memory stick into USB port on back of the TV then turn On TV power and upgrade will start automatically.

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician