TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I got a fire stick for Christmas and I'm not having any luck…

Customer Question
Good morning Pearl. I...

Good morning Pearl. I got a fire stick for Christmas and I'm not having any luck getting it set up on my tv

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

It's pretty old it came with my house. It's a panasonic

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The menu works. No it's connected to cable and works fine

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Panasonic? What happened right before this?

This is my first time trying to use the hdmi 3 input but in the menu to change between inputs only hdmi 1 & 2 are options

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that's pretty much it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/27/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 6 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem.
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
- What is connected in HDMI-1 & 2 input of the TV?

I don't know the model number and I cannot access it. The tv is mounted on the wall and it's not visible. Nor do I know what is connected to input 1 or 2. One of the two has to be our cable
If you cannot help me without this information will my money be refunded?

OK, please grab Panasonic remote that came with the TV and push the menu button on it.

What options do you see on the TV screen?

.

You have website promise of money back if not satified~

Menu options are:
Viera link
Picture
Audio
Timer
Lock
SD Card
CC
Setup

Thanks, ***** ***** to Setup option, do you see Input Label option there?

I see external devices
now I see input labels
Ok previously it was set to skip hdmi 3. I changed it to a label and saved
Ok now what?
You still there?

Nice, now close the TV menu and push Input button, do you see HDMI-3 there and able to select it if FireStick is plugged into HDMI-3 input of the TV?

I am now able to select it but still no luck with the fire stick. Nothing is happening.

OK, is the firestick power On and plugged securely into HDMI-3 input of the TV?

It's plugged securely into the port and powered on.

This is odd, please reboot TV and firestick by disconnecting the power cords of both things for 5 minutes, replug back in and check

Ok

Thanks

Same thing. Nothing is happening.

OK, can you connect firestick to a working HDMI input of the TV, for example, plug it in HDMI-1 or 2 where you get cable box picture etc

This will verify the firestick

That's not an option for me because I cannot get to the back of the tv. It's mounted on the wall and I can't see back there

Do you have another working TV nearby to verify the firestick?

Good idea. One moment

OK, please take your time

No luck on any of the other televisions

OK, that means firestick is defective and should be returned to get a replacement one. Plug the new firestick into the HDMI-3 input of the TV and select it in the TV to get the firestick screen/ picture.

I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website.
Thank you.