TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I'm having trouble hooking my laptop to my tv..it says

Customer Question
Hi there I'm having...

Hi there I'm having trouble hooking my laptop to my tv..it says unsupported signal please check the device output

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Hp envy 360

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Envy? Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes I had installed last week I believe

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/27/2017
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

This can happen if the resolution on the laptop is set too high for the TV.

Try lowering the resolution setting on the laptop and check if the TV can then support it:

To change the resolution, right-click your mouse on an open space on the desktop and then go to Display Settings.

Click on Advanced Display Settings and select a lower resolution setting.

--------------------

Happy Holidays!

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)

You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.

Pete.

--------------------