TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

In early August of 2014 I bought the VIZIO E-Series E241i-A1…

Customer Question
In early August of...

In early August of 2014 I bought the VIZIO E-Series E241i-A1 24-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED Smart HDTV (tilted base)(2013 Model). It was sold by ONE STOP SHOP @ $189.99 plus tax. By now the extra 3-Year TV Protection Plan has run out, alas.The problems is that after a couple of hours of use, the screen will blank out for a short period -- maybe several times in succession. Often that stops, but starts again later. My feeling is that a circuit get overloaded causing the set to restart. But that is just a guess. Is this a known fault? Is there a fix?

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Vizio TV?

Yes, HDMI to the Comcast box.

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No, the set-up was very satisfactory of a good period and there were no changes.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
12/27/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 6 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Hello
WelcomeSorry you are having trouble here, to rule out any signal issue if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control during the fault does the menu itself come up and stay up or not please?Anthony
no problem with that. I reset all picture values.
I don't think you understand I need to know if the sets own menu comes up and stays up during the fault or not its a test
I understand and yes it does
the menu comes up and stays up during the fault? In that case you do not have a fault with the TV but may have a issue with any satellite or cable box that may be feeding the set, please try a reboot of both the TV and any box you may be using by unplugging both from wall power wait 5 mins replug back in again please let me know the results of thatAnthony
Too late tonight for such a test sorry.
OK but do that first and we move on, its likely just doing the reboot will correct this any issues come directly back here thanks