TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I want to connect my fire stik. Sony Bravia with hdmi. I…

Customer Question
I want to connect...

I want to connect my fire stik

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Sony Bravia with hdmi

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Bravia? What happened right before this?

I just got today

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
12/27/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Can you get me the model number off of the back of the Bravia so I can help with this? Also how far have you gotten with regards ***** ***** it?

Hi I have a Sony Bravio Katie Al 32S2010
That's KDL
just started connecting

Okay, start by plugging the Firestick USB power supply into an outlet and then plug the Firestick into one of the TV's HDMI ports. Use the original Sony remote's TV/VIDEO button to select the HDMI port you've plugged into and let me know what you see on your screen.

Let me know what you see once you try those steps.

Welll.....I'm plugged in . I have only one hdmi port
The remote has a tv video button. I hit that but I get black screen at 7 different video inputs.
I have disconnected the cable

Are you still with me here?

So you're unsure which Input to select then yes?

Select INPUT 6.

Ok I'm at 6

Okay, and then what?

Black screen

Then the Firestick is not connecting to your TV.

Did you plug in the USB power supply for the Firestick into an outlet?

Righ. Brand new . I pressed the select button
its on an extension with the tv . It is getting juice
I just plugged in direct.
does it matter if it was set up with an antenna not using cable.
I got it
Loose connection
Embarrassing!
Please . I don't need your service
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 6 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hello, I see the previous expert has left the conversation.

My name is***** will try my best to help you with your question.

Are all the connections now secure, and is the Firestick working ok for you?

TV Technician: ISP Cable Support, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
ISP Cable Support
ISP Cable Support, Customer Service
Phone call session started

Good morning! Attempted to follow up to see if anything further was needed. It appears it was a loose connection based on the notes and everything may be working now. If nothing further is needed, no need to respond. Have a great day!