TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Smart TV will not connect wirelessly to the router. The…

Customer Question
My Smart TV will...

My Smart TV will not connect wirelessly to the router.

Technician's Assistant: Is there a particular streaming service you're trying to connect to (e.g. Netflix or YouTube)?

The Netflix, Amazon, YouTube apps come on the screen, but will not work because the network isn't connected. Funny thing, the Samsung in my bedroom is working off the router in this room.

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

I think my son did and son-in-law did that today. I can try again. My husband set it all up, but he passed away. I am determined to get it going.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Thank you.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/27/2017
TV Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 7 months ago
Karthik Nagarajan

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

TV Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 7 months ago

It sounds like you are unable to connect the Samsung SmartTV to the wifi router. If that is correct, could you please tell me what is the approximate distance between the router and SmartTV?

The router is sitting on top of the furniture case which contains the TV. My bedroom tv down the hall is connected wirelessly to this router.
TV Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 7 months ago

Have you tried connecting the TV to the router using Hardwired through Ethernet cable and checked whether the TV is getting internet?