TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

None of the HDMI ports seem to recognize when something's…

Customer Question
None of the HDMI...

None of the HDMI ports seem to recognize when something's plugged into them such as a cable tv box

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Vizio M470nv

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes, the tv menu works but the only functioning input appears to be internet apps such as Hulu, Amazon or Netflix

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your M470NV? What happened right before this?

My son noticed the HDMI inputs stopped working about a month ago: I have no idea what might have happened just prior

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of since everything else seems to work fine

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/27/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Have you tried more than just the cable box on this TV, and additionally tried more than one HDMI cable? Also when did this issue occur- were there any storms, power outages, etc.?

Fine. I noticed $38 was charged to my Amex albeit only a $5 retainer fee was authorized
I tried more than one cable box multiple HDMI's as well as a coaxial cable. This issue began at least a month ago and there was a recent storm-related power outage
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 7 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello my name is***** am a different expert, I am a user of the site like you are an approved tech to help you, firstly about the billing,that is set by the site I have no real insight into that only that you are initially charged a fee of $5 to ask the question the rest is taken when you get a reply\answers\info from me, this would have been explained to you,let me know you understand this before we move on