TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I want to set it up with a new cable ox and I can't get past…

Customer Question
I want to set...

I want to set it up with a new cable ox and I can't get past the "Select your language" screen. Nothing on the remote will move it, yet I can pull up the menu, etc. so the remote is working.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

It's a Viore RC2001V. Not sure of the age - I've had it for a few years.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The source is HDMI2. I can pull up the menu and exit out of it.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?

It was working just fine in another room. I moved it to another room and want to hook up the cable box. I'm trying to do the setup and can't get past that screen.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so. I just need to know how I can finish the setup by moving past that screen.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
12/27/2017
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 6 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

If pressing the OK button on the cable box remote does not work, check that the remote is fitted with fresh batteries and that the other functions on it are working ok, e.g. power on/off.

--------------------

Happy New Year!

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)

You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.

Pete.

--------------------