TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Sony screen is black. I am set up on Direct TV. I get…

Customer Question
My Sony screen is...

My Sony screen is black. I am set up on Direct TV. I get sound but no image. The light under the screen is on . I have turned off power light under the screen is still on. I turn power back on and get a black screen. Help. Bowl games are going on.

Technician's Assistant: What device has a bad screen?

Sony Bravia 60" TV

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Bravia?

Yes, but no reason to become unplugged. Has not been touch and cables coming out of wall. Wall mounted.

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No. Clocks not blinking.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

MY receiver is on. My Direct TV box is on. I have sound. I can change channels.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
12/26/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 6 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

Worked. Thank you.

Did you get above reply?