TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Sony TV is a Bravia 55X50C. It is Bluetooth capable, but…

Customer Question
My Sony TV is...

My Sony TV is a Bravia 55X50C. It is Bluetooth capable, but I am unable to connect by JBL Bluetooth earbuds. Just doesn't recognize them. I then tried connecting my Sennheiser HD 4.40BT Bluetooth headphones. Again, not successful, despite the additional fact that both my Sennheiser BT headphones and Sony TV are NFC capable. What gives?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Bravia?

Bought it in July 2015.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The TV Menu works. I am able to navigate from HOME to SETTINGS to BLUETOTTH DEVICES, to ENABLE and ADD BLUETOOTH DECICES. I put my headphones in the pairing mode, and the TV indicates it is looking for Bluetooth devices. It just doesn't recognize them.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Bravia? What happened right before this?

This is the first time I've tried to add a Bluetooth device. TV otherwise works just fine.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
12/26/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 6 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

The bluetooth information about the tv is just marketing lingo and is very misleading. The tv does not have this capability.

While it is BT capable, that is meant as an input to the tv, such as to stream music from a phone/tablet, it will not output to any of those headphones.

You can still get this to work, but not directly with the tv.

What you need to do is purchase an external bluetooth transmitter, like this: : http://amzn.to/1TOPJBU which will then plug into the optical port on the back of the sony. That transmitter can then pair up with your headphones or earbuds.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,