TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Well, I followed a link and accessed the English option as…

Customer Question
Well, I followed a...

Well, I followed a link and accessed the English option as I am English but live in Spain and didn't want my reply to be in Spanish.. I found two alternatives that offered to give me the information regarding turning the Sound Feedback ( that I understood accessed the VOICE GUIDE ) on or off. One suggested going through Menu - System etc and the other taking the Settings route. As I do not have a Menu facility on my controller I opted for the Settings option. So, I did SETTINGS - SOUND - EXPERT SETTINGS - SOUND FEEDBACK which gave me the options of switching the feedback off or accessing 3 volume levels. I switched off the Sound Feedback and the screen showed ''OFF' for this option. I am now telling you that this made absolutely no difference and and my TV still shouts at me for all actions even for adjusting re volume control/ This is completely ruining my experience if this TV and it seems obvious that this Sound Feedback option is not accessing the correct module on the programming board. Now, my model is UE55MU6105 and was purchased about a week ago from FNAC in Murcia. I've had enough of this anntyance. This is my second large Samsung TV and my computer monitors are also Samsung . Please present me with accurate instructions regarding turning off this annoyance, otheroise the shop can have the TV back under consumer rights and this will finish my business relationship with your company. Now I assume you must have access to engineers, maybe yourself, or someone that are familiar with this model so I respectfully ***** ***** to address this problem for me or convey my problem to those that can provide me with the correct instructions for turning off this very invasive voice on my TV.. Your urgent attention to this matter would be very much appreciated and I do not want to be involved in a long succession of emails back and forth( a few mayb ) - just a TV that functions as I require it to. With respect but severe frustration ......Roy Faulkner.

Technician's Assistant: Are there buttons on the side, bottom, or back of your UE55MU6105?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/27/2017
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

please - I really do need an answer as to how I switch off the audio guide on my Samsung UE55MU6105 TV. I hope Samsung has sent you the letter I sent to them explaining just what I had done and the negative result.

With the TV powered on press the MENU button on your remote control.

2Navigate to and select the Support section of the Main Menu.

3Navigate to and select the Self Diagnosis option.

4Navigate to and select the Reset option.

5Enter your PIN (the default PIN is 0000).

6A factory reset warning will appear. Select Yes to proceed with the factory reset.

7The TV will power off and when it is powered back on the setup screen will appear. Follow the steps on screen to set up your TV.

It seems you were not sent a copy of my letter explaining in detail what I had done. I am now sending you the letter I wrotr thab states that there is no MENU button on the remote for this model.Well, I followed your link and accessed the English option as I am English
but live in Spain and didn't want my reply to be in Spanish.. I found two
alternatives that offered to give me the information regarding turning the
Sound Feedback on or off. One suggested going through Menu - System etc
and the other taking the Settings route. As I do not have a Menu facility
on my controller I opted for the Settings option. So, I did SETTINGS -
SOUND - EXPERT SETTINGS - SOUND FEEDBACK which gave me the options of
switching the feedback off or accessing 3 volume levels. I switched off
the Sound Feedback and the screen showed ''OFF' for this option. I am now
telling you that this made absolutely no difference and and my TV still
shouts at me for all actions even for adjusting re volume control/ This is
completely ruining my experience if this TV and it seems obvious that this
Sound Feedback option is not accessing the correct module on the
programming board. Now, my model is UE55MU6105 and was purchased about a
week ago from FNAC in Murcia. I've had enough of this anntyance. This
is my second large Samsung TV and my computer monitors are also Samsung .
Unless you can present me with accurate instructions regarding turning off
this annoyance, the shop can have the TV back under consumer rights and
this will finish my business relationship with your company. Now then, I
assume you must have access to engineers or someone ( or at least you
should have ) that are familiar with this model so I ask you to convey my
problem to those that can provide me with the correct instructions for
turning off this very invasive voice on my TV.. Your urgent attention to
this matter would be appreciated and I do not want to be involved in a
succession of emails back and forth - just a TV that functions as I require
it to
Perhaps it would help if I tell you that I am not using the internal tuner of the TV but an running from two HMDI inputs from my IPTV box and my Blluray player.Roy

Roy,

I believe there is some confusion that you believe we are Samsung. We are not Samsung.

Understood, but does my letter help you to see what I have done. Thanks for your attention.Roy

Yes, it does.

Have you contacted Samsung?

I contacted Samsung initially and they have put me on to JustAnswer. I must admit I was rather surprised at this as Samsung produce many similar models but often in slight differences in operation and I would have thought that their own engineers would have the in depth knowledge of my particular model to be able to solve my problem. Please realise that your own knowledge is certainly not in question and I appreciate your help in this matter Nevertheless I do need a solution to this problem as my TV is still literally shouting at me which as you no doubt realise is very frustrating. You advice or , better still, your solution to this problem would be very much appreciated.Roy

Hi Roy,

Have you contacted Samsung?