TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Lc-70le845u 2 short flashes 5. Sharp lc-70le845u 5years old.

Customer Question
Second opinion] lc-70le845u 2 short...
Second opinion] lc-70le845u 2 short flashes 5 longJA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?Customer: sharp lc-70le845u 5years oldJA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?Customer: no backlight or pictureJA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?Customer: tried to reset with holding down input and vol-.no help
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/26/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 7 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

2 short and 5 long flashes of power light is an error code that indicates Panel 12V line failure, it means either 12V from power board to t-con board isn't available OR the t-con board itself is defective.

Please check 12V at PL connector of the t-con board with a multimeter while turning TV power On, if volts are available even for a second then replace the t-con board that should fix the problem. Please click the following link to view t-con board image and part number info...

http://www.shopjimmy.com/sharp-duntkf961fm01-t-con-board.htm

Similar t-con board would be installed on your TV located under metal shield at the bottom center of the rear of the screen. I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website.
Thank you.