TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Doviziosmarttvshavewidi, vizio 2yrs old, no problem just…

Customer Question
Doviziosmarttvshavewidi Technician's Assistant: What's...

Doviziosmarttvshavewidi

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Vizio 2yrs old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No problem just want to connect laptop wirelessly

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
12/26/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 3 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Get me the model number off of the back of the Vizio please.

Any chance of getting the model number so we can look this up?

sorry it is a samsung can I access the model number without taking it off wall
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

menu does work

It is very likely that your Vizio is a "Smart TV" which can be used on Wi-Fi but I will need the model number to confirm

it is a samsung and it is a smart flatscreen attached to the wall can model be accessed from screen
I can access internet on it from remote control I want to know best way to connect my laptop to it so I do not have to use the remote and also access info from laptop wirelessly

Ah okay. You are asking a different question.

You cannot access your laptop wirelessly that is not how it works unfortunately.

is there not interfaces to accomplish this widi? etc

No, that is not how Wi-Fi works on the TV.

The TV itself can connect wirelessly to the internet but you can't connect to your laptop wirelessly.

it says I can connect a computer hardwired so why can I not do it wireless

Because it is not possible.

I just want to display on tv screen from my laptop
I see all these interfaces I just want to know which is best

You will need to use a HDMI cable.

or a way to use a wireless keyboard and mouse on tv

You can connect the laptop with a HDMI cable

Louie, Technician