TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a hisense mart t.v. 2 yrs old when your turn it on a…

Customer Question
I have a hisense...

I have a hisense mart t.v. 2 yrs old when your turn it on a blinks the logo for a sec,. then goes off and blinks red 6 timess

Technician's Assistant: What Hisense model do you have? How old is it?

55k3201 2 hyrs old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Hisense? What happened right before this?

Yesterday I had it playing when in and there was no picture but there was sound. tried turningit off and lost the sound to

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Idont think so

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/25/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Offhand these symptoms point to a failure in the set's Mainboard- and requires replacement of that part to fix the issue.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

that hasn't worked i'e tried it

Okay that's the only thing you can try on a user level. Give me a minute to type this up.

I've paid 25.00 already

Can you please double check the model number off the back of your TV again? It appears a digit or two off. I'm NOT SENDING the phone call offer BTW. Ignore it if you don't want it- the website sends all those offers!

Note that the site will send you a phone call offer- that is NOT from me. It is sent without my consent and I am not available by phone. To see MY REPLY, "X" out of the offer and view the page that we have been typing on.

Can you please double check the model number off the back of your TV again? It appears a digit or two off.

k553201GUWUS serial # 152918

No, the 55K number you posted originally was almost there- I'm just asking you to double check it because it may have been ONE digit off.

OK ILL CHECK AGAIN

An example would be: 55DU6070

THE NOS.ARE RIGHT ON THR REMOTE I FOUND EN2A27

The remote doesn't have the model number. It's on the sticker located on the back of the TV.

I KNOW THATS WHAT ON THE STICKER
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 6 months ago
Nathan, Installer

I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; as a 2015 model tv, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising for this brand. These are some of the very lowest quality tvs on the market. They are built to meet a certain price point, not for quality or reliability. It is completely normal and expected to see them last just a year or two at best.

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which could include dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics testing with a multimeter, changing out boards as needed, and possibly desoldering/removing and soldering/replacing individual components.

If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around $300 for diagnostics, parts, and labor, assuming parts can even be found.

For a tv of this brand/age however, replacement will make more sense. You can get a brand new LED tv with a fresh warranty, from a more reputable brand, in the $500 range.

I can help you with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options, if desired.

My apologies for the news,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.