TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My picture is small. Olevia 232-s13. Menu works. I dont have…

Customer Question
My picture is small ...

My picture is small

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Olevia 232-s13

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes menu works. I dont have orig remote

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
12/25/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 6 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this

Send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

Hello

Hi

Do you happen to have a small picture in the upper left corner of the screen ?

No

Ok then how is it small ?

Just in the middle of screen. Not the full screen

You mean you got bars on each sides or top/bottom ?

Do you have a cable box ?

I think i just need help in the settings getting it back to full screen

OK and is this new or it was always like that ?

New

the first thing to try would be a reboot ;

Pull the cable box`s power cord off the wall outlet for a minute.
In the mean time turn off the tv and turn it back on only after you plug back the cable box power cord.
Note that it may take a couple of minutes for it to reboot after you plug it back ,just give it time.

If not back to normal then look on the cable box remote for a button that may be called something like ; zoom, size, format, aspect , HDzoom etc. , often has a pound (#) symbol on it or a star and sits below the digits 7 or 9 , try to press that button repeatedly to toggle between the different aspect ratio`s.

Let me know how that goes

Also , your tv`s remote has an ASPECT button that may affect this

Between the 2 remotes (tv and cable box)you should be able to find the correct aspect ratio /format.

I can't get it to change

Do you have anything else connected to this tv ?

Did you reboot the box as I suggested ?

If you have something else connected then try it or do connect something else for a test

Also , if your cable box has component YPb-Pr color coded jacks then give that a try

i did. Dont worry about it. Im over it. Merry Christmas

Much welcome and please do not forget to rate with the stars at the top of your page (and SUBMIT) so i can get compensated for my time helping you.
And note this post will stay open to further conversation if needed.

Thank you
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !