TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My new 55" 4G TV does not have a headset output socket which…

Customer Question
My new 55" 4G...

My new 55" 4G TV does not have a headset output socket which I need for connecting my Phonak hearing aid TVLink S basestation. How do I get around this problem?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your 4G?

A few weeks

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Everything else works fine, I ave a samsung sound bar and a blue ray player plugged in and all are working fine.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/25/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

What is the model of the tv?

UN55MU6290F

Thanks for the info,

The short answer is that you can't use headphones with the tv directly. This is actually the case for all modern tvs. It can be done, but some additional equipment is required.

The reason for this is that all modern tv's are digital, and because of copyrights and digital rights management/copy protection, so tv's cannot have any analog outputs, which is what a headphone jack would be.

The way around this is to use the Digital Audio Out port on the back of the tv. This is a square type port with a little flap/door over it and a red light inside. You connect a fiber optical cable to it. You'll need to purchase a digital to analog converter: http://amzn.to/1VhPiQx . This will convert the optical connection to an analog stereo connection (red/white rca ports). To that, you can then connect rca cables to the phonak basestation.

Best regards,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.