TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Sony bravia sometimes won*t turn on and sound cuts off and…

Customer Question
sony bravia sometimes won*t turn...
sony bravia sometimes won*t turn on and sound cuts off and on after it's been on awhile.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
I don't have any. they got lost when we moved awhile back.
12/25/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 7 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need more info to troubleshoot the problem.
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Hi, I'm Ann. The TV is tucked away in it's own little cubby in my bookcase and I am 80 yrs old and couldn't get the thing out or even turned around if my life depended on it. The TV has a cable box and that's all. I don't have any not any other devices and the TV in the bedroom is doing fine.

Sorry for delayed reply, I was away from computer, lets try easy thing first that might help

- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result