TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I'm trying to hook my ps4 to my philips tv model #49pfl4609…

Customer Question
I'm trying to hook...

I'm trying to hook my ps4 to my philips tv model #49pfl4609 and it is not showing Signal. The hdmi cords work, and it works on my other tv (samsung)

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your #49PFL4609?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I just took my ps4 from upstairs and brought it downstairs

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
12/26/2017
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 2 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I'm not in a position where I can talk.

Did you change the input on the Phillips TV to the correct HDMI port?

I did. Trust me when I say I'm no slouch when it comes to computer or electronics. I often am called to set up other people's computers or gaming systems. But this is bothersome. It works on my Samsung tv, with the same HDMI cord. But downstairs, on any of the 3 HDMI ports, nothing.

If you plug a different device into that TV, does it work via the HDMI ports?

My firestick and directv work in all the ports

Out of curiosity, have you tried a different HDMI cable even though it works on other TVs?

3 times. I've run out of new ones to trt
Try

You're correct when you say that it makes absolutely no sense.

I would suggest a factory reset on the TV but if other devices work in the HDMI ports, I doubt that would do anything.

I've been scouring the Internet trying to find any reference to this issue. There are plenty of situations that describe what I'm dealing with, but no clear cut solution. They say to put the playstation into safe mode, but even when I do, you can't see anything on the screen to make any adjustments to the system

Unfortunately, I do not see any fix or solution to this issue around.

Louie, Technician