TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I cannot find the optical out port on the back of my samsung…

Customer Question
I cannot find the...

I cannot find the optical out port on the back of my samsung 65 inch TV I have model UN65MU8000FXZA

Technician's Assistant: How old is your 65?

Bought it 1 month ago. On the back, it says that it was manufactured October 2017

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No, you do not understand. Everything works great. I just purchased a Samsung sound bar, which is supposed to connect to the TV with an Optical cable. I cannot find the Optical Out port on the back of the TV

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 65? What happened right before this?

Your last question is irrelevant

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
12/25/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 6 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help.

There is a box supplied with this TV calls One Connect box, it has all HDMI inputs, please check the side panel of that box to find Optical Out port of this TV to connect an external sound system/ soundbar etc

I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website.
Thank you.