TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

No picture but I have sound. TV is 3 years old and was

Customer Question
No picture but I...

No picture but I have sound. TV is 3 years old and was working fine until I changed channel's and had no picture

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
12/25/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 6 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.

A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;
Also ,Could you please give me the model number written on the tv`s back cover ?

Please reply to me here Carol and do not open other posts ?

The other post is closed Carol , please reply to me here , i can`t reply to you there

ok.

Hello

Finally got you !

If you turn the tv off and back on again do you get a brief flash of light or perhaps the company logo on the screen before it goes dark ?
Is the screen just blank with some background light or completely dark like when the tv is off ?

completely dark

Sorry but tried to accept your phone request and although i`m sure your credit is fine there seems to be a problem with payments and even though I`m not privy to billing here this usually means your CC company did not recognize the $26 extra charges and declined them ,this is usually due to the second charge from the website, you would have to contact them to OK the transaction .
But we can continue in this chat mode as well

Could you please give me the model number written on the tv`s back cover ?

un65h6300afxza

Thank you and it does turn on/off and sound as if normal beside the fact that it has no picture ?

O.k then I know what this is , please give me a minute to type this down

when I changed channels the picture went blank but the sound was still good

By the look of it I`m afraid that what your tv has is another case of defective LED strips and this is very common with LED backlit tv`s now
Those LED`s are supposed to last a zillion hours but they do not , they are failing all over the place and not only in Samsung

Here is a link to give you an idea what is needed ;

http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bn96-30435a-bn96-30436a-led-strips-16-strips-1-interface-board.htm

here is a video that shows you how its done , not your model but the same job ;

https://youtu.be/qGk6Nx82SCA

If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $250 to $300 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more by simply using the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around .

Let me know if you have any questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .

Any questions on this ?
If not for now then PLEASE DO RATE , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time.