TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Our toshiba is hooked up to direct tv -- yesterday it worked…

Customer Question
Our toshiba is hooked...

Our toshiba is hooked up to direct tv -- yesterday it worked great but lately the TV goes on (you see the little green light) and in about 10 seconds it pops off. Each time we turn it on it pops off again. My husband did something the other thinking the diredttv and televison were not in sink and it worked. Now its going off again but direct tv stays on just fine.

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages when you try to connect to DirecTV?

No the screen stays black the TV is not going completely on it just shows green light and pops off

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

No our direct tv is not hooked up to our internet. We have unplugged he tv from the wall

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/25/2017
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 7 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Are you able to get the model number off the back of the tv? If not:
-when did you buy the tv?
-what size is the screen?
-is it LED or LCD or Plasma or?