TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I connected TV to a computer using USD to USD cable and

Customer Question
Hi, I connected TV...

Hi, I connected TV to a computer using USD to USD cable and switch to PC source but it says there is no signal

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Samsung smart TV, 42", i don't know exactly model number

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menu works, I didn't try other inputs

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?

It works propoerly with cable and Amazon fire stick

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No ,thanks, ***** ***** to make it work

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
12/24/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 6 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this

Send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

Also ,Could you please give me the model number written on the tv`s back cover ?

Hello Jack, I can't get the model number, it's wall mounted on the bracket. I bought it about 3 years ago
No thanks, ***** ***** $5 for you to answer me and don't want to pay more
I just need to make it work

Hi

I`ll start by saying that you definitely cannot connect your PC to the tv using the USB port , it is generally used on the tv to connect a USB memory stick or external drive but not a PC

PC input depending on the age of the tv will be VGA/RGB or HDMI , NOT USB

What type of PC , do you have , is it a laptop with a HDMI out port ?

No, it's Intel desktop with 6 usd ports, no other ports

You have a monitor connected to this desktop yes ?

two monitors

What is the monitor using , VGA or DVI as connection ?

Actually most video cards now will have both

If you have DVI then get yourself a DVI to HDMI cable and use one of the HDMI port on the tv

Note that you will still need your computer speakers , DVI carry only the video , not the audio

It's connected with VA port
VGA

VA port ??

You mean AV port ?

What is connected with AV port ?

The monitors ????

There is one more port available, it's female with a lot of holes
VGA port

Do you have a VGA port on the tv ?