TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

DVD not showing on any hdmi inputs but laptop with hdmi

DVD not showing on...

DVD not showing on any hdmi inputs but laptop with hdmi cable works fine.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your media player? How old is it?

Brand new Samsung DVD player

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Samsung media player?

It is brand new because the I thought the problem was my old dvd player so I just bought a new one

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that my laptop displays correctly and I have performed a factory reset on Vizio D480-D0 model television

12/24/2017
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need more info to troubleshoot the problem.
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on DVD player in question?

BD-JM57c Samsung

Thanks for the info

Have you tried different HDMI cord to connect the DVD player to TV?

I have tried 2 other cables and all three hdmi ports and my laptop displays perfectly on those ports only the DVD players won't display. Both dvd players show the splash screens and then the display goes black and I noticed that when I power the dvd players off the "no signal" message shows on the tv screen like it had a signal but the video wasn't being processed correctly to display.

OK, while DVD player power is ON, press and hold Eject/ Open button on the player itself (not on its remote) for 7 seconds.

Do you get DVD initial setup screen display on TV now?

Did you get above reply?

I will try that now. I had to fix a error on my payment information. sorry

No problem, please take your time

I tried that but no change in the status.

OK - Have you tried to disconnect TV and DVD player power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

I will try that now. You say unplug the DVD as well as a television from the AC power source for 10 minutes?

Correct, please try it

Okay I'll check back with you in 10 minutes that will be 3:45 Pacific time

Thanks, I'm standby

I have plugged them back in and still same results. I initially get a very fast "Samsung" splash screen for a second and then the screen goes black. I see the resolution on the t.v. at 480i initially then it changes to 1080i but no other image is displayed. I am also out of time now as I am going to visit relatives. Can we continue this another time?

Sure, we can continue it at a later time.

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?

Thanks, ***** ***** it

I know it's a strange problem and what gets me is that my windows 7 laptop works fine. I played a DVD about 3 weeks ago and it was ok then on my original DVD player a phillips Blu ray player and so I bought a new one today thinking it was the player. I should have tried the laptop before buying the new player.
thank you I will be signing off now.

No doubt it is strange problem and will check it out.

- Can you please verify the TV with another video source (I know laptop works on it) such as cable box etc?

I have just connected an Xbox console and I get the splash screen immediately. It's just the DVD units that don't display. I don't have a cable tv box anymore. I cut the cord a few months back.

Just to clarify, TV displays a normal picture of Xbox via HDMI input, is this correct?

that is correct the Xbox looks fine on the T.V. on all HDMI inputs.

This is really odd/ strange problem, not sure why HDMI communication stopped only when connect a DVD/ Bluray player to the TV and causing a black screen. I would replace the mainboard of TV at this point to get it fixed, the required mainboard is available with the following supplier for $45 if you have a plan to work on it yourself...

http://www.shopjimmy.com/vizio-3648-0202-0395-main-board-for-d48-d0-laustwbr.htm

I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website.
Thank you.

Do you need any further assistance with this question?

no thank you. I am good with your response.

Much welcome, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website.

Wish you the best~

Shahid
Shahid, Technician