TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Samsung smart tv will not turn on. Was working perfectly…

Customer Question
Samsung smart tv will...

Samsung smart tv will not turn on . Was working perfectly wile wi- fi sevice was being installed.Now cannot get response to tv power button

Technician's Assistant: Is your Samsung TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Not yet

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No change . Tv will not turn on. Power light slowing blinking

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
12/24/2017
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 4 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Are you able to get the model number off the back of the tv? If not:
-when did you buy the tv?
-what size is the screen?
-is it LED or LCD or Plasma or?

2008 purchased
Model# *****
Screen is 40”
LED ?

Got it. Have you tried unplugging the tv POWER cord for 3 full minutes?

No change

Since unplugging didn't help- I'm very sorry to say, this is going to be an internal failure that requires diagnosis and parts inside the tv be replaced. Not unusual for a tv of this age. If you want to DIY, let me know and I may be able to help you with that here (previous electronics experience is required on your part). Otherwise you will need to use local repair shop but that will cost more than a new 40" tv.

I know this is bad news and very upsetting but please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.

Maybe you're thinking- "It wasn't worth it"... Well in fact, for years I worked for a repair shop that still charges $120 up front for an in home diagnosis. So by using this service you actually saved a ton of time and money.

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician