TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I just moved and cant find my owners manual can you walk me…

Customer Question
I just moved and...

I just moved and cant find my owners manual can you walk me through how to make the picture fit the screen

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Its a Vizio model D50U-D1

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes on all chanels

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your D50U-D1? What happened right before this?

I just moved. It was not doing this befor

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No its working fine other than there being a black area on the top and bottom of the picture

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
12/24/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 4 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this

Send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

Hi , there are two ways here to change the aspect ratio/screen size

On the tv`s remote there is the WIDE button that you can use to select various size either by selecting it or just pressing that button repeatedly to go through the various aspects and if you have a cable or satellite box then look on the cable box remote for a button that may be called something like ; zoom, size, format, aspect , HDzoom etc. , often has a pound (#) symbol on it or a star and sits below the digits 7 or 9 , try to press that button repeatedly to toggle between the different aspect ratio`s.

Between the 2 remotes (tv and cable box)you should be able to find the correct aspect ratio /format.

Let me know if you have questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post while it gets me paid for my time helping you .

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician