TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a 37" Sony color TV. While I am watching I loose at…

Customer Question
I have a 37"...

I have a 37" Sony color TV. While I am watching I loose at times the input connection to my cable box. If I turn off the TV and then turn it back on I still have the lack of the connection. The only way I can adjust for this is to change the input back to the input I had it on before loosing the connection. Problem is that I have to do this by memory as I have nothing but black showing on my screen.This does not happen on any other set in the house. Is this a TV problem?

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Sony TV?

Sorry for the delay, I had to check. There are only the standard HDMI cables connected. No colored jacks. I have one from the cable box and another from Amazon Fire box.

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No not for the last couple months.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

That's about it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/24/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 7 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

It seems cable box internal problem that is causing HDMI communication error, lets try easy thing first that might help

- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

Losing the input connection happens occasionally while watching the TV. Disconnecting the cable box and putting back on will not show up anything as this is on occasional problem not immediate problem.

OK, please take your time and keep watching the TV to see if the problem reoccurs.

Please make sure to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes.

Question got closed?