TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Our sharp Aquos speakers are not working since installl of…

Customer Question
Our sharp Aquos speakers...

Our sharp Aquos speakers are not working since installl of new receiver

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your Aquos connected tightly to the right sockets?

Yes, no change to the tv itself, just the cables to the receiver

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

Hdmi

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Ran the audio test using the mic that came with the new receiver, working well, sound out of all speakers

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/24/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

You lost me. Are you trying to get the TV's speakers to work, or the speakers from the receiver to work?

Tv speakers I think. I have background sound from the surround system but no voice

You think? If you're using a surround system the TV's speakers should be OFF. What's the model number off of the back of the Sharp? What's the brand and model of the surround system? What cabling is being used to connect the two?

I'm not available by phone, website sends that offer without my consent. If you're using a surround system the TV's speakers should be OFF. What's the model number off of the back of the Sharp? What's the brand and model of the surround system? What cabling is being used to connect the two?

Using hdmi to the tv, Sony is the receiver, the model is str-dh550

Again, what's the model number off of the back of the Sharp TV as well please?

Lastly, what SOURCE are you using right now (cable box, DVD player, etc.)?

the voice should be coming through the surround as well, but doesn’t
Again, what's the model number off of the back of the Sharp TV as well please? Lastly, what SOURCE are you using right now (cable box, DVD player, etc.)?
Cable box to the receiver, sharp aquos flat screen, mounted to the wall, let the check the menu on the tv for a model

Okay no worries on the MENU. Let's reboot the cable box next.

1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).

2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).

3) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged, then release the power button.

4) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

Let me know what happens once you try those steps. I have one more solution if that doesn't work. Stay in touch and I will check back in about 5-10 minutes.

Yea, can’t get to the cable for the tv, in the Wall. Already reset the cable box and the tv. Not full power off, unable to disconnect without a ladder.
What about the software upgrade for the TV, should that be upgraded?
Ok, all rebooted
Can hear background sound, but not foreground voices
Hello, it was one of the audio settings for the receiver. Got it fixed. Yea!
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.