TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

How to I do hot restart on a Sony Bravia TV. Not sure. This…

Customer Question
How to I do...

How to I do hot restart on a Sony Bravia TV.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Bravia?

Not sure. This happened once before. I lost connection to my soundbar and this is what I was told to do to reconnect. I forgot how. This TV is maybe 2 years old not sure.

Technician's Assistant: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Just with the soundbar The connection does not glow red like it should like it is out but the restart got it back last time.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/24/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the model number off the back of the Sony Bravia please?

kdl-48510c bought 1/10/17

Thank you.
The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

no go seems like a pressed something on the remote last time.

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?

still no sound from the sound bar
got my answer elsewhere thanks for nothing
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

No I don't got my answer elsewhere and all is working again