TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My tv has 3 blinking red lights...pause then do the same…

Customer Question
My tv has 3...

My tv has 3 blinking red lights...pause then do the same without coming on uughhh

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Standby please

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

It doesn't come on at all.....I open the tv backing up and the tag states LC550EUD it's a Toshiba

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I thinks it's about 5 years old maybe

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
12/24/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The three blinks of the red light (that repeats) indicates a failure of the power supply board in the set, and in most cases requires replacement of this board to fix the issue.

That said, was this something that you're looking to repair yourself? Or looking to see what it would cost at a shop?

Myself it I could do it.....

Okay, I need to know if that light starts blinking soon as the set is plugged in- or after you press the power button?

Soon as I plug it in....

Okay, unfortunately this means the issue could be the power supply OR the mainboard. The layman's approach is to purchase both boards and replace one at a time to see which allows the set to power up- and send back the offending board (the power supply and mainboard work in tandem to allow the set to power up). I'm pulling these boards up now.

Actually that model number is ***** right. What's the model number off of the sticker on the outside back of the TV please?

OK....lemme get it

Standing by.

55TL515U

The power supply (most likely culprit) and mainboard are both at the link below for purchase, but are showing as currently out of stock:

http://www.shopjimmy.com/toshiba/55tl515u

You can try using the part numbers shown on that page to scour used sites like eBay, or TV Parts Guy to see if they become available, but otherwise it appears these are hard to track boards.

Alternatively, if you're not comfortable with this type of work, then at a shop this is $275-$350 parts and labor, which is typically not cost effective as a brand new 46" LED Smart TV starts at around the same cost. However if you'd like to inquire on repairs, or seek a 2nd opinion, you can use the link below to locate a shop in your area if you'd like:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Thank for ur help....Merry Christmas and the Have a very good New Year....

You're welcome and Merry Xmas to you as well! Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance?