TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

HDMI ports don't seem to be working. One day they were fine…

Customer Question
HDMI ports don't seem...

HDMI ports don't seem to be working. One day they were fine next day they don't work

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Vizio 5332vl is model number, I don't know how old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes tv menu works and just hdmi ports don't work. when I plug in a fire tv the vizio tv recognizes it but it doesn't play, says no signal

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

I am not at home

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/23/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 6 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this

Send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

Hello

Hi

What do you have connected HDMI ?

Cable box , satellite , dvd etc. ?

I had firetv

Nothing else ?

You tried all HDMI ports on your E332VL ?

I also tried DVD player & HDMI didn't work with that either. I am not at home

OK then i`d be quite surprised both devices went defective at the same time so it has to be the tv , namely the main board

This is a 32" tv so i would not consider taking it to a repair shop

Are you going to work on this yourself or would just like to have an idea of the parts and costs involved ?

By the way , is it E332VL or E322VL , please check that model number again ?

Sorry E322vl

OK then give me a minute on this

There are 2 versions of main board for this model ,depending on your serial number

Tell me if yours start with one of those ; LAQKHLIM, LAQKHLMM, LAUKHLIM, LAUKHLIL, LASKHLAM, LATKHLMM

Or this one LAQKHSAL or simply give me yours

Let me know about that serial number and I`ll tell you which board you have but I can tell you that either of them cost some $75 to buy

Not sure if it would be a good idea to invest that kind of money in a 32" tv that is 8 years old , you an get a new one now for less than $200

Still if you want to look into repairing this yourself then let me have that serial number and I`ll find it for you

Let me know if you have any questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .

Any questions on this ?
If not for now then PLEASE DO RATE , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time.