TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We picked up a new remote for our cable system last weekand…

Customer Question
We picked up a...

We picked up a new remote for our cable system last weekand went through the steps to configure it. The second code on the list (10702) seemed to work, but after a few days of using it we started to notice some odd things happening on some channels. Several channels only come in with Spanish audio (e.g., many movie channels, all the HBO channnels, the NFL channel). KWGN comes in with Spanish audio on some shows,but not on others. Several other channels are coming in with English audio but include audio that includes the video description. We checked the settings on our TV (a Samsung) and found the setting for the video description, but it is grayed out and the information says that it is not available. How can we reset this so that all the channels come in in English without the video description?

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages when you try to connect to HBO?

No -- it is just in Spanish.

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

Our internet is fine so, no we haven't tried unplugging the modem or router.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything. Thanks.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: TV
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/24/2017
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 5 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

What is the make/model of the box?

Motorola RNG150N

Unplug the power cord

Wait 2 minutes

Plug in the power cord and power on the box

Wait 5 minutes

Do you still have the issue?

the HBO channels are still in Spanish

Is that the only channel in Spanish?

No,there are many others asI described in my original message

Are you sure that you are not on the channels designed for Spanish?

Who is your cable provider?

Right now we are watching the Packers and the Vikings on our local NBC affiliate, KUSA & it is in Spanish.
No, we are not watching any channels that are supposed to be in Spanish

Who is your cable provider?

Comcast
I assumed you knew that because I started this messaging through Comcast help

No, we are not Comcast/Xfinity support.

Have you contacted them directly?

When I logged into this I thought it was Comcast support. I did not call them as i thought this would be a more efficient method. As you might imagine, I’m beginning to rethink my decision.

You will need to speak with Xfinity.

Please tell me how to get a refund on this transaction.
Please e-mail me a transcript of this entire transaction
Louie, Technician